Whether it be styling the right outfit, looking good in glasses, or finding treasures in your closet, ultimately as fashion bloggers we share our fashion story. Through words or through photography, this roundup takes a closer look at making life more beautiful, fashion icons like Lilly Pulitzer who passed away over the weekend, Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli.. and the downward spiral of the house of Saint Laurent. What are we going to do to keep the world beautiful? Sustainable fashion and shopping our closets? And how will we document it.. there are fantastic photo tutorials in the mix to.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup, April 11th
SPONSOR: New @Shopbop: 3×1, Alas, Star Mela, Beth Richards, Flogg, Moyna, Thierry Mugler, Ulla Johnson, Friends & Associates, Star Mela, & Stella McCartney Sunglasses
The Eyes of March
Edited By Taylor Davies
Here we are, the first day of March – can you believe it? Spring will officially start this month, flowers will start to bloom (we hope!) and winter will finally start to let us out of it’s icy grip. This week’s Links a la Mode selections run the gamut from fashion week round ups to DIY projects and runway color inspirations.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: March 1st
New Sandals at Shopbop: Steven, Yosi Samra, LD Tuttle, Report Signature, Aquazzura, Minkoff, Rachel Zoe, Acne, Miista, Premiata, Loeffler Randall, Sam Edelman Sandals & Pelle Moda Shoes
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine
Edited by: Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
At the risk of sounding like a Christmas song, isn’t this the most wonderful time of the year?
I love hearing all the Holiday music playing in the stores! Trees are getting trimmed, gifts are being purchased, and people for the most part, haven’t forgotten the true meaning of the season. I’m taking some time over the next few weeks to re-vamp my closet, bake up some Holiday goodies, and make some new memories with my family and friends. However you may be spending the Holidays, be safe and keep the ones you love near to your heart. I will see you in the New Year!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: DECEMBER 8TH
- Acquaallegoria: December dressing: How to rock a festively fug-a-licious jacket
- Ambassador of Fashion: Village Style: Thrifting in NYC
- Arash Mazinani: A guide for those wanting to buy clothes as gifts for Christmas this year.
- Boyish Chic: Home decor gift ideas for the boyish chic fashionista in your life!
- Coming Unstitched: How to be a really cute snow bunny.
- Ethical Fashion Blog: Ethical outfit competition winners – some very stylish and sustainable ladies
- Fact This Blog is Awesome: Quick Under Eye Circle makeup tutorial
- Fashion is Evolution: How I made a belt from an old Dior keychain I never used
- High Point Shoulder: How to dress comfortably & warm in the winter and still be chic
- In Her Glam: Style inspiration from Ashley Davenport, Victoria Grayson’s assistant on ABC’s hit drama Revenge
- Joyful Outfits: How to wear a denim shirt in the winter
- Little Miss Makeup: How to do wedding makeup the modern way
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Beginning to Process how bloggers can make a difference for small businesses
- Pandippo: Killer heels and a necklace stolen from my mom
- Pippa Holliday: Get out of bed hair – Bed Head
- Statements in Fashion: Our Christmas Home
- Synthetic Elegance: Illustrated holiday gift guide
- The Dapper Bun: Outfit Of The Day: Decorating the Christmas Tree
- The Frugalista Diaries: DIY Jeweled Collared Sweater
- The Style Confessions: Three inexpensive yet glamorous red lipsticks from the drugstore
New at Shopbop: Boots, Ella Moss, Cardigans, Pants, Jackets, Wallets, Swimwear, Cut 25, Free People, WGACA, Sauce, Satchels & Tote Bags.
Shorter Days of Winter
Edited by: Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
With shorter days of winter on their way, many of us will spend countless hours wrapped in a warm comfy robe, our hands nestled around a cup of hot cocoa, and stalking our favorite blogs and fashion sites. What could be better than online window shopping and thoughts of Santa’s arrival in our heads?
This weeks links showcase some awesome blog posts I’d love to read on a cold winter night.
Take some time to read about Eco friendly designers, tips for pursuing a career in fashion, jewelry tricks, DIY’s, fab bloggers over forty, and more.
Have a great weekend & stay warm!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: NOVEMBER 10th
Newly Arrived at Shopbop: Herve Leger, Nanette Lepore, Dion Lee, Twenty8Twelve, LeSportsac, Soft Joie, Gorjana, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Sonia Rykiel, Robert Rodriguez, Tory Burch, Ugg, & Halston Heritage.
Edited by: Fajr Muhammad of Stylish Thought
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: OCTOBER 27TH
I love how multi-faceted fashion blogging has become. In the beginning it was mostly celebrity style driven but has evolved to include everything from personal style, social commentary, fun fashion trends and high fashion! While blogging is becoming a staple of our everyday world, fashion blogging is continuing to push the envelope.
Fashion is converging into lifestyle and we are defining the medium and what it means to be a fashion blogger. Check out the diverse links this week that our pushing our craft to new places.
What’s Old is New… Again.
Edited By: Jessica Thorpe
The saying, “what comes around, goes around” has been proven throughout the history of fashion. Stylish peeps the world over have been stimulated by trends of decades passed time and time again. This weeks Links A La Mode is influenced by your interpretation of fashion fads and trends interpreted to suit our modern world.
The funky 70′s boho glam look is in full effect with flowing skirts, high waist lines and chunky platforms. Another trend making a loud avant garde blip on my radar is the classic ladylike look of the 50′s and 60′s. Women are embracing their curves and enhancing them with shape flattering silhouettes. Lastly, current fashion do’s that continue to inspire me are clever use of sheer, crochet, macrame and lace fabrics. And last but not least, retro accessories are back in a huge way; statement bangles, fanny packs and cat eye shades are loud on the fashion forefront.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: SEPTEMBER 22ND
SPONSOR: Jackets at Shopbop’s Shoptalk: Nightcap, IRO, Smythe, Doma, Alberta Ferretti, Smythe, IRO, Gryphon, Veda Jackets, LAMB, Nation LTD, Duvetica, Kaelen, Surface to Air.