Dress – Oxfam
Shoes – Geox
Bag (made from recycled rubber inner tubes) – Reclaim
Bracelets – presents
It’s been a while since I posted. Apart from being really busy at work and feeling pretty exhausted by the time I get home, I seem to have been obsessed by watching the news, something that I don’t usually watch much. Any how I wanted to share another one of my charity shop outfits, purchased during my recent Oxfam spree.
Inspired by Hazel’s post here and also by turning 40 this year and feeling the need to live life to the full now, I have decided to share a little list of 10 things to do this summer. Summer is most definitely my favourite season and one where I typically try and cram in as much as possible, making the most of the warm weather with camper van trips, festivals, summer holidays, very long walks and other such challenges. This year is no different but I plan to add in some extra things!
- Go to Ibiza (already booked!) yes, for our family summer holiday this year, we will be making our first ever trip to Ibiza. I can’t wait for some sun, sea and sand.
- Go sailing in Devon (already booked) I used to spend a lot of time sailing with my parents when I was a child but not living by the sea and having so much going on, I haven’t had much chance to go sailing over the last 15 years.
- Go to a festival (already booked) this year we decided to opt for a smaller festival. As much as I love a big festival, the tickets can be expensive and the really large crowds of people slightly terrify me. So for this year we are trying a smaller festival that I hope will be a bit more chilled out.
- Go for a picnic – this one is fairly simple. A picnic is just a great way to soak up some sunshine (when we finally get some) and spend some quality time with the children.
- Eat chips on the beach – there is definitely something different about eating chips on the beach. I will be doing this on my next trip to Weston Super Mare most likely followed by donkey rides and icecream for the children.
- Go to an art gallery in Bath – this one has been on my to do list for so long. Bath is only 25 minutes down the read but for some reasons I have just never managed to get my act together and do this.
- Read a book – another simple thing but one that I never really get time for except on my summer hols. Any suggestions of a good book to read are very welcome.
- Bake a cake for the work cake bake – we regularly bake cakes at work to raise money for local charities. This summer I plan to try and create something spectacular (well more spectacular than my usual victoria sponge anyway)
- Spa Day – for my birthday I got a voucher for a day at the Bath Spa. This will be the perfect way to chill out at the end of a very busy summer.
Amongst all of this, I also want to make time for some blogging and catching up with my favourite blogs. What are your plans for the summer?
With warmest wishes