What’s Old is New… Again.
Edited By: Jessica Thorpe
The saying, “what comes around, goes around” has been proven throughout the history of fashion. Stylish peeps the world over have been stimulated by trends of decades passed time and time again. This weeks Links A La Mode is influenced by your interpretation of fashion fads and trends interpreted to suit our modern world.
The funky 70′s boho glam look is in full effect with flowing skirts, high waist lines and chunky platforms. Another trend making a loud avant garde blip on my radar is the classic ladylike look of the 50′s and 60′s. Women are embracing their curves and enhancing them with shape flattering silhouettes. Lastly, current fashion do’s that continue to inspire me are clever use of sheer, crochet, macrame and lace fabrics. And last but not least, retro accessories are back in a huge way; statement bangles, fanny packs and cat eye shades are loud on the fashion forefront.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: SEPTEMBER 22ND
- Denimology: The Time I Met Bill Cunningham
- Dress Code: High Fashion: Fashion`s Night Out Berlin 2011
- Miss Viki: A fashion conference for bloggers by bloggers
- Jimipricute: Dick and Jane
- Fashion is Evolution: Missoni Madness!
- The Chic Addict: Missoni For Target: It’s finally here!
- Shrimp Salad Circus: Weigh In: Sexualizing Children
- Dress With Courage: Review of the IFB Conference: Lessons Learned
- Everything Just So: Daphne Guinness Exhibit Review
- Pelin in Style: PARIS, KATE MOSS, HUSSEIN CHALAYAN & more
- Missemmamm: Missoni for Target: A Small Town Girl’s Thoughts + Dressing Room Peeks –
- Elle Yeah: NYFW S/S12 Highlights
- Fashion Hacker: How to Follow Fashion Week from Home
- Cosmolawlitan: Missoni Shoppers Show Why Fashion Design Protection Is Important
- Ethical Fashion Blog: IFB Crystals and Crumpets
- Faery: Paris Diaries Vol. 3 – Magic
- Fumiko Kawa: Meets With Something Hippie
- Style Bizarre: Blogging 101: Fail Better!
- Boyish Chic: Fashion Forward: Living in Love
- Dolly Dahl: Betsey Johnson Comes To Visit!